A luxury hotel may be what you are after, but what is a tourist to do if that type of pampering is not in their budget? Look for cheaper accommodations. Now, that does not mean giving up comfort or even the amenities you crave. There really is no need to spend a lot of money on your accommodations while visiting Canada. Here are a few tips to explain how to find a cheap hotel in Canada:
- No matter what part of the country you will be staying in, call the main Tourism Department at 877-BONJOUR for assistance in figuring out how to find a cheap hotel in Canada.
- Consider staying in a hostel. While most people think of dormitory settings when thinking of a hostel, Canada hostels also offer private rooms and family settings for a discount price of $20 to $40 per night. Of course, if you are not a member of the Guests of Hostel International (HI), you may have to pay a higher rate for a room, so if you will be staying for several days it may be worth the membership price to help you get a cheaper rate.
- Try a Bed and Breakfast. B&B’s are usually housed in quieter historic homes, offering a more homey and comfortable feel than a traditional hotel at a cheaper price.
- Book a room at the Inn. Canadian Inns also offer a homier feel and more room than hotels and can be quite inexpensive.
- When visiting Quebec, book a hotel room along the Cote-de-Beaupre where rooms tend to be much cheaper.
- In Montreal book a room right in the heart of the city. They are less expensive than hotel rooms in more remote areas.
It isn’t hard to figure out how to find a cheap hotel in Canada. The key is to stay in a metropolitan area and look for hotel accommodations that are less traditional and more unique like an Inn, Hostel or B&B.